8 different long term European Solidarity Corps volunteering projects in Estonia!
Location: 8 different Youth Center around Estonia
Name of project: Welcome to Estonian Youth Centres
Coordinating Organization – Association of Estonian Open Youth Centres
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project:
Working in a Youth Center. Open youth centers are professional non-formal education environments providing a diverse variety of services and activities for local young people aged 7-26. Youth centers follow the principles of open youth work- they permit open access to all youth, diverse opportunities for leisure time, support for young people and their ideas, space for socializing and partnership.
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer for each project between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Deadline: 10th May 2019
Project period – August/September 2019 – July/August 2020 (9-12 month)
Hosting organisations looking for international volunteers:
- Keila Youth Centre: Aug/Sept 2019 – end of June 2020 (10 months)
- Haljala Youth Centre: Aug/Sept 2019 – end of June 2020 (10 months)
- Rakvere Youth Centre: Aug/Sept 2019 – end of June 2020 (10 months)
- Viru-Nigula Youth Centre – Kunda youth house: 19.08.2019-16.08.2020 (12 months)
- Voka Youth Centre: 01.09.2019- 31.08.2020 (12 months)
- Sõmeru Youth Centre: 2.09.2019 – 31.05.2020 (9 months)
- Kiili Youth Centre: 1.10.2019- 31.05.2020 (8 months)
- Saku municipality youth Centre – Kiisa youth Centre; 01.10.2019 – 29.09.2020 (12 months)
How to apply?
The interviews are on-going and vacancies will be filled as soon as the hosting organizations have selected a suitable participant. Therefore, we are looking forward to hear from you ASAP!!! The sooner you apply, the better are your chances.
All costs are covered by the European Solidarity Corps.
No participation fee!
Our hosting organizations will need volunteers who can already present some experience in working with children and young people or have high motivation and sense of initiative to contribute to youth work activities. You are a great applicant if you are:
- Aged 18-30
- Able to communicate in English
- Motivated to volunteer, to try and learn new things
- Interested in communication and cooperation with young people
- Ready to take some initiative over time to contribute to the activities of the youth center
- Willing to live in Estonia, to experience the local life, culture and Nordic climate
Application conditions and requirements for volunteering: Our hosting organizations will need volunteers who can already present some experience in working with children and young people or have high motivation and sense of initiative to contribute to youth work activities.
Financing of the project: Reimbursement of international transport costs according to budget rules. Monthly pocket money, monthly food allowance.
for more details, you could check INFO PACK
Bring your interests and skills to youth work in ESTONIA!