Location: Bern, Switzerland
Project name: BLINDSPOT – INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY
Hosting organization: Blindspot – Inclusion and Diversity Switzerland
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project:
Blindspot – Inclusion and Diversity Switzerland – is a non-profit organization that advocates for a society in which inclusion is a matter of course in all settings. Blindspot aims to achieve this by proposing and creating inclusion projects in the area of education, leisure and work. Blindspot believes in the added value of a diverse society for everyone. In order to experience these benefits in a tangible way, Blindspot organizes experiences where people with different backgrounds can meet and develop their social and self- competence.
The volunteer can learn how an organization that works for inclusion functions during a whole year. The volunteer will mostly be working at the restaurant, will help organize different events and do some research on the theme of inclusion. The volunteer will also have time to develop his/her own project in the organization. The volunteer will be part of the team.
Tasks of volunteer:
– Supporting a diverse service team in the restaurants Provisorium 46 and Fabrique28, which consists of people with and without handicap (with supported supervision)
– Assist in the preparation and execution of different cultural events
– Supporting the preparation, execution and after-evaluation of different inclusion projects (e.g. summer camp and winter camp and other new projects)
– Doing different research for inclusion topics (e.g. social orientation in other countries, comparison of inclusion in Switzerland and volunteer’s country)
– Develop own project according to interests
The type of work and workload change according to the season, which requires the volunteer to be flexible and adapt.
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Project period – 01/05/2022 to 30/04/2023 (12 months)
Deadline: 20th February 2022
All costs are covered by European Voluntary Service
No participation fee!
Language: German, English
Application conditions and requirements for volunteering:
Person between 18 and 30 years old, interested in working in an organization that promotes inclusion, flexible, sociable, serious, some knowledge of German would be an advantage.
Sending organization information
Name of the sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
PIC number : 947847141
OID number : E10200624
City and country of your sending organization: Sumgait, Azerbaijan
Person in charge (name and surname): Ramiz Aliyev
E-mail of the person in charge: email@example.com
Phone number of the person in charge: +994503217290