Long term ESC projects in France!
Name of project: Work with children
Location: Ay, France
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project: The volunteer will take part of a collective hosting of three volunteers. (the other 2 are hosted at Reims and Ay) Each volunteer will work in a different organization in cities near Reims. The missions of the volunteer will be: Extra school activities; Manual, cultural or artistic activities with children on Wednesday; Cultural activities with local partners such as nursery, high school, retirement houses;Providing help in activities of the MJC (flea market, book fest, musical events, according to the agenda of the organization) ; Working on a project with the team of the MJC about words on different languages.
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Project period – 23/09/2019 to 23/08/2020 (1 year)
Deadline: 27 July 2019
All costs are covered by ESC (European Solidarity Corps)
No participation fee!
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements
- The volunteer will share an apartment at Reims nearby the office of the FRMJC, with 3 bedrooms (1 for each volunteer) and common places (kitchen, dining room, bathroom).
- Each volunteer will receive a pass for the local transport and a train pass to their hosting organizations. A youth card will also be given for train travel. The volunteer will have 15 min of bus and 30min of travel on the train to go to his/her hosting organizations.
- The volunteer will work 30h per week including time travels by train, eventually he/she will work on evening or Saturday for the eventseach volunteer will receive 50€ per week for foods expenses and 180 per month of pocket money.
Training during the project
- French lessons will be provided if necessary.
- Formations about citizenship, abilities recognition or other topics will be provided with one or several partners organizations.
- 2 weeks of training will be provided by our national agency
- A fair level of French (B1 minimum)
- Attentive, the ability for teamwork, autonomy, the ability for flexible work
- He/She will work with children in daycare and with teenagers occasionally: manual activities, parlor games, musical activities, working with different partners in linguistic or cultural activities (grade school, high-school, nursery).
- Driving license can be useful