We need to act – short-term volunteering project in Azerbaijan
European Solidarity Corps project (short-term) in Sumgait, Azerbaijan
Coordinator organization: Yedi İklim Culture Art Education Science and Solidarity Association
Hosting organization in Azerbaijan: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Participants number: 4 participants from Türkiye
Date of the project:
15/10/2023 to 15/12/2023 (59 days) – 4 volunteers between 18-30 years old (Only Turkish citizenship)
Please read all the information clearly before filling out the application.
Deadline: 08 September 2023 | 23:59 (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email)
NOTE: 100% of the accommodation and food will be covered with the support of the European Solidarity Corps program.
The maximum travel reimbursement for Azerbaijan is 275 EUR.
About the project:
The aim of the project is to address the effects of constantly growing environmental pollution by excessive human activity. The main goals are:
- promoting an eco-friendly lifestyle among school children and young people
- introducing them to the management of plastic and other wastes
- encouraging a healthy lifestyle by presenting the importance of bicycles
- promoting non-formal education between school children
- organizing seminars, workshops for school children on the topic of environment and healthy lifestyle.
Accommodation and costs are fully covered by the project budget.
– Travel costs limit is maximum of 275 Euros.
– 183 Euros pocket money and 200 Euros for food will be provided for 2 months
in total (per person).
- to ensure the planning procedure of ongoing local projects at schools and with young people
- to facilitate informative seminars at schools and raise awareness among youngsters about healthy lifestyle, recycling and eco-thinking with members and other volunteers
- to organize workshops for school children, social theaters by using artistic methods
Profile of Participants:
- 18 – 30 years old
- able to work with school children and young people
- able to communicate in English
- motivated and interested in this project and its topics
- motivated to conduct workshops with school children