Location: Bremen, Germany
Project name: ESC at Kultur Vor Ort e.V.
Hosting organization: Kultur Vor Ort e.V.
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project: The organization mainly works with 7 – 16 years old children and youngsters with fewer opportunities. Most of them have a migration background. Their approach is resource-oriented, which means the focus is on the children’s abilities and strengths.
As a volunteer, you will have an opportunity to:
- Work in a multicultural group of experts from different areas.
- Participate in all of the arts and design projects and festivals.
- Get basic knowledge of artistic techniques in printing, free design, clay, woodwork, and sculpture making.
- Learn how to work with a diverse multilingual group using methods of non-violent communication.
- Develop your own ideas and turn them into projects.
Your main tasks will include:
- Working with groups of children in art studios.
- Supporting, assisting, and guiding children with their individual and joint artwork.
- Participating in projects with other collaborating organizations.
- Planning and implementing events together with the other volunteers for the community of Bremen
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Project period – 05/09/2023 to 31/08/2024 (12 months)
Deadline: 30th April 2023
How to apply? – You can fill in the Application Form
All costs are covered by European Solidarity Corps
No participation fee!
Language: English, German
Accommodation, food, and transport arrangements:
You will be accommodated in a flat or a house in Bremen with 4 other ESC volunteers. You will have your private bedroom and share the kitchen, bathroom, and other spaces in the flat/house with other volunteers. As an ESC volunteer, you will receive health insurance, monthly pocket money for food, and other expenses (242€ + 150€). Travel costs will be reimbursed. German language class will be given once a week.
Application conditions and requirements for volunteering:
You are able to communicate in English (A2 or more) and German (A2 or more), passionate about art and working with children, love to be creative and motivated about making a positive change in society, and are an open-minded person, motivated to work in a team and with people from different religious, cultural and social backgrounds.