Erasmus+ Training course in Bakuriani, Georgia
Partner organisation from Azerbaijan: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Participants per country: 3 participants aged at least 18 years
Erasmus+ TC – 15-24 May 2022
Deadline – 18 April 2022 | 23:59 (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email)
Transport cost for Azerbaijan (this cost means that your ticket will be reimbursed within this limit and you are responsible to buy your tickets and after you will be reimbursed within the limit): – 245 Euro
NOTE: 100% of the accommodation, food and transportation during the project will be covered with the support of Erasmus+. Health insurance won’t be provided and needs to be purchased individually.
How to apply: Please read all information clearly before filling out the application
Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process of developing and using the skills, attitudes and knowledge that helps to identify and regulate emotions, to develop positive relationships and to make responsible decisions. Europe has become culturally diverse as a result of migration, social emotional learning plays an important role in developing intercultural communication and respect towards each other.
In order to develop and strengthen the cognitive, emotional and behavioral skills, various social and emotional learning programs can be developed through youth work. Social and emotional learning programs are competence-based, and one of their cornerstones is the understanding of competence as the flexible ability to use personal and environmental resources in order to reach adaptive goals.
Using the techniques introduced at the training course, youth workers will create a safe and comfortable learning environment in their communities that focuses on developing skills and abilities that allow young people to relate to others, set goals, manage emotions, and resolve conflicts.
The key objectives of the project:
- To increase youth workers’ awareness, knowledge, and skills regarding SEL;
- To promote collaboration between youth workers and youth organizations to address the SEL competence development of youth in their communities;
- To enhance knowledge of educational practices that promote SEL competence development;
- To provide tools and resources to youth workers to help improve emotional intelligence of young people;
- To develop a network of like-minded individuals and organizations ready to cooperate on future projects related to non-formal education and SEL;
- To develop a concrete plan for follow-up projects and local activities focusing on emotional intelligence and intercultural learning.
Who does fit this project?
You do, if you are:
- At least 18 years old
- Fluent in English (B2)
- Youth worker or youth trainer and active in this field;
- resident in one of the participating countries;
- motivated to develop your competences in social-emotional learning and to share your experiences with other participants;
- committed to attend for the full duration of the project, including the preparatory and follow-up phases;
- motivated to meet people from different countries and explore topics related to social and emotional learning.