Team Volunteering project in Turkey!
Location: Muş, Turkey
Project name: Connecting the Dots for Young People with Cancer
Hosting organization: Young Accumulation Association
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project:
The Connecting the Dots for Young People with Cancer Project aims to help young people with Cancer who are affected badly because of the Covid- 19 pandemic by enabling volunteers, increasing knowledge and skills about health rights and enhancing the cooperation between organizations from participating countries by creating a solid and trustable network of partners
• Inform local community especially families of cancer patients, children and youth who has challenges linked with geographical remoteness correctly against cancer by improving the capacity of the volunteers and enabling them sharing their skills and experiences with local environment,
• Enable volunteers to work with cancer patients, their families and local organizations, create an environment for awareness-raising activities,
• Build inclusive society by bridging cancer patients, families with the local community and local/national and international actors,
• Enhance involvement of families, youth and non-governmental organizations in the process of fighting cancer, strengthen platform and networks that are working with cancer patients, and contribute studies and projects on creating social awareness and awareness-raising on cancer,
• Create platforms in order to allow sharing experiences and good practices at local, national and international level and advocate
Number of volunteers: 3 volunteers per each term between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Project period – 04.04.2022 – 01.06.2022 (2 months), 20.05.2022 – 17.07.2022 (2 months)
Deadline: 15th March 2022
How to apply? – Please read the application before filling it out
All costs are covered by European Solidarity Corps
No participation fee!
Language: Turkish, English
Note: Bear in mind that it is a team-volunteering project and if you have already participated in short or Long-term volunteering projects, you can still participate in this project as well. Before filling it out, keep in mind that it is 2-month project and you need to be available for the whole period.