Erasmus+ Youth Exchange “ACT for Education” in Mtskheta, Georgia
Partner organisation from Azerbaijan: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Participants per country for Youth Exchange: only 1 participant
Erasmus+ YE in Mtskheta, Georgia – 17 – 28 October 2022
Please read all information clearly before filling out the application
Deadline: 26th of August 2022 23:59 (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email)
Maximum travel reimbursement for Azerbaijan: 180€
NOTE: 100% of the accommodation and food will be covered with the support of Erasmus+. Covid-19 related expenses are NOT covered and must be managed by participants, a Travel/Health Insurance which covers all possible COVID-19 related expenses is highly recommended. The host organization (Youth for the World) requires participants to be fully vaccinated.
Since the beginning of the world, acting with the body was a form of communication and it still is present in many people’s daily life, in rural & developed areas. Culture, another key concept in the discipline of dance, refers to the values, beliefs, norms and rules shared by a group and learned through communication. The relationship between dance and culture is reciprocal. Culture gives meaning to who dances what, why, how, when, where, with and for whom, in addition to the role of the dance audience. Through dance we can learn about very sensitive topics such as any kind of discrimination, migration & inclusion.
The main point of this YE is to give equal opportunities to everyone through social inclusion using art as the main tool, with the aim to reach a better understanding between different nations and overcome mistaken stereotypes with art, specifically dancing. The idea of the project is to link the aims to each other, not only to find ways to go forward but also to improve & empower one another. Knowledge of the YE will encourage more active participation, which on the other hand will give way for more projects to be done, eventually creating a direct relationship between local communities, participants and an indirect relation between locals and Erasmus+.
Key objectives and goals of the project:
- To create a safe space for discussions about inclusion with using the body as a unique tool
- To promote discussions about discrimination & intercultural dialogue with the help of outdoor education elements.
- To get intercultural experience by meeting with the people from different countries, cultures and religions to practice tolerance & to break stereotypes & prejudices;
- To stimulate the idea of social inclusion;
- To understand what nonverbal communication is & how to use it for better communication;
- To raise awareness about different cultures and how art, specifically dancing, is related to each culture.
Who does fit this project? You do if you are…
- between 18 and 30 years old (group leaders may be older);
- a youth worker, young leader, or young person, who is already active, but aim to develop as a youth leader
- experienced or interested in the sphere of inclusion, discrimination and understand concepts of new tools used during the sharing process.
- ready to present your country, we would like to get to know your culture;
- ready to present your organization during the NGO Fair;
- ready for Dance, Sport & outdoor activities;
- ready to step outside of your comfort zone, spend time with 39 other people for 12 days, participate in all activities, share your ideas, and have a great time.