Location: Nicosia, Cyprus
Project name: Cap the Gap
Hosting organization: YEU Cyprus
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project:
This volunteering activity will focus on the Youth Goal #9 Space and Participation for All and specifically on the aspect of ensuring equal access to everyday decision making for all young people from different backgrounds. With this project we will focus on the problem that young people, and particularly young women, are underrepresented in decision-making processes which affect them. Their engagement is crucial to democratic practices and having equal representation. Young women and young people with fewer opportunities need access to physical spaces in their communities to support their personal, cultural and political development. With this project we will focus on empowering women, and young people from marginalized groups within the political sphere along with stressing the importance of the entire youth community supporting them as a democratic act. For more info: Link
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Project period – February 2022 (start asap) for a duration of one year ( as soon as possible for a duration of one year )
Deadline: 28th February 2022 (please apply as soon as possible)
(As hinted by the title of it, in the motivation letter you should explain your motivation for volunteering at that project and organization. Include your hobbies and skills in your CV – these are potentially more important during the selection criteria than experience gained through paid work)
All costs are covered by European Solidarity Corps
No participation fee!
Language: English,Turkish, Greek
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements:
The accommodation will be provided by YEU Cyprus at a house in the city of Nicosia, keeping in mind the needs of the volunteer and good accessibility to the office and the services the volunteer might need.Every volunteer will receive 140 Euros for food allowance and 5 Euros a day for pocket money. The volunteers are requested to be very careful on electricity and water bills. A maximum allowance of 75 Euros will be provided for Electricity and Water bills per month for each house. In case that amount is exceeded, the volunteers will be requested to provide the extra costs.
Application conditions and requirements for volunteering:
– The volunteers must have the necessary competencies and motivation to work with people coming from different backgrounds and with different interests.
– The volunteers should have the willingness and openness to learn new things, such as working with ICT tools and non-formal methodology.
– In regards to the focus of the program it would be preferable for the volunteers to have a relevant background, knowledge or passion concerning the subject.
– The volunteers should be over 18 years old, open-minded towards multiple working methods, to people from different cultures and be open to new experiences in a transcultural environment.
– The volunteers should be able to work in a collaborative environment, where they have to engage creatively with the subject and be open-minded and inventive since they will have to
create methods to engage actively the local communities.
– A good level of English is also preferable.
Sending organization information
Name of the sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
OID number : E10200624
City and country of your sending organization: Sumgait, Azerbaijan
Person in charge (name and surname): Ramiz Aliyev
E-mail of the person in charge: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number of the person in charge: +994503217290