Location: Lunteren, Netherlands
Project name: Volunteering Activities in the Netherlands (2021-2027)
Coordinating organization: Rock-Solid Foundation
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project:
We would like to welcome you as a worker in the social restaurant / hostel in Lunteren and for everything that is needed in our foundation. Our restaurant has different aspects that make it social:
– First of all, it is giving a opportunity for international volunteers to gain work experience and learn a lot in the management of a restaurant.
– We run a quality food restaurant, but for lower prices because we are non- profit, therefore more people can afford to go to a real restaurant and not only to a fast-food places for example.
– We are teaching you (or maybe the others because you already know) how to try to be as sustainable as possible, by separating garbage, but also by the choices
We made for the restaurant and still discover together what can be improved.
– We promote the idea of shared tabling, which means that people who are alone or lonely or just like to meet new people sharing the same table.
– We will not put “time pressure” on the guests, if they like to stay for a chat or a listening ear, we want to be there for them!
– We connect our volunteers in this way with the local community and because of that we are doing a lot of promotion of the E+ and ESC opportunities for young people
– We will try to use your other talents, maybe you are gifted in project writing, or in helping with final reports, or making schedules etc. etc.
During the ESC Voluntary year, volunteers will focus on learning the differences in the society regarding this work field. Next to that, they will try to motivate local youngsters as well as clients from the organizations to participate in national and international projects, such as youth exchanges and training courses. Also, they will learn how to improve the conditions in their own country, step by step, after going back home. They will be actively involved in the different activities of Rock Solid, on local and regional level. The volunteers will also attend Dutch classes for foreigners.
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Project period – 01/06/2022 to 25/05/2023 (12 months)
Deadline: 15 January 2022
All costs are covered by European Solidarity Corps
No participation fee!
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements:
The Rock-Solid Foundation will provide you with food money and pocket money weekly. This is mentioned in the activity agreement and we always follow the advice of the national agency and the ESC rules in this. The first payments you will receive in cash till you have your Dutch bank account. You will prepare food and drinks yourself, cooking, doing the shopping and the daily cleaning of the house together. You will be provided with a one-person bedroom (sometimes sharing a room for a shorter period can be necessary) your room will have a desk and closet. We will also provide bed sheets and towels for you during the year. You will share the kitchen, toilet and bathroom with those who you live with.
Application conditions and requirements for volunteering:
We aim for volunteers who are interested in social work and/or people with disadvantages in general and preferably have experience in restaurants/hotels or are very interested in it.
One of the conditions to apply is a good knowledge of English and good social skills because the volunteers have to work with people with mental challenges. In addition we expect from volunteers Team spirit, a passion for and/or experienced in cooking and/or serving and willing to learn how we are doing it in the Netherlands, a passion for social work and youth organizations, open communication, good feeling for hygiene and not afraid to clean, not had an EVS/ESC long term before.
Sending organization information
Name of the sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
OID number : E10200624
City and country of your sending organization: Sumgait, Azerbaijan
Person in charge (name and surname): Ramiz Aliyev
E-mail of the person in charge: email@example.com
Phone number of the person in charge: +994503217290