Location: Bucharest, Romania
Project name: EASTERN PARTNERSHIP VOLUNTEERING PROGRAM
Hosting organization: C.O.S.I.
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project:
Europe cannot afford wasted talent, social exclusion, and youth disengagement; therefore EPVP 3.1 project provides youngsters with easily accessible opportunities to engage in solidarity actions, enabling them to act for the benefit of the community as active citizens while gaining valuable experience and competences, thereby improving their further employability. Thus, the project is focusing on five objectives:
1. Involve 6 NEET volunteers in COSI and its’ solidarity activities; hence, supporting them to become active, responsible, independent, development-seeker citizens; and equip them with further labor market and/or entrepreneurship competences.
2. Improve COSI’s target group knowledge/attitude regarding aspects such as Human rights, sense of solidarity, volunteering, and active citizenship; as well as inclusion, inter-cultural dialogue, and tolerance; and combating: stereotypes and prejudices, racism and xenophobia, discrimination, social inequality, poverty, and exclusion by conducting monthly raise awareness campaigns/humanitarian actions (according to UN calendar).
3. Increase the participation level of Romanian young NEETs in E+, ESC and EYE programs, by providing accessible and effective growth opportunities for at least 100 beneficiaries from the community, to gain useful experience and develop their competences, as well as facilitating their active citizenship attitude.
4. Grow the awareness and participation enthusiasm level of youngsters/students in Bucharest/Ilfov regarding E+, ESC, EYE programs.
5. Strengthen inter-cultural dialogue by building attitudes of tolerance and acceptance among local Romanian, EU, and EaP youngsters; discovering common roots, overcoming prejudices and stereotypes according to EU values.
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Project period – 01/02/2022 to 31/07/2022 (6 months)
Deadline: 10th January 2022
All costs are covered by European Solidarity Corps
No participation fee!
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements:
240 Euro – Monthly income (pocket and food money); Nice apartment with shared bedrooms (two people by gender); International transportation and local Metro card; Cigna international health insurance for the whole period; Romanian language course; Weekly mentoring meetings; Youthpass and VOLUNTpass certificates.
Application conditions and requirements for volunteering:
Conventionally unemployed, opportunity-seekers or voluntary
Available to commit in the full duration of the project;
Committed to promote Human rights, sense of solidarity and inter-cultural dialogue, volunteering and active citizenship;
Eager to foster social inclusion, acceptance and tolerance and reduce: stereotypes/prejudices, racism, discrimination, social inequality, poverty;
Keen to develop personally and professionally within a multi-cultural environment;
Motivated to acquire project management/writing, ICT and social media proficiency and events organizing skills;
Able to impact COSI development and further the community with passion and civic spirit;
Curious about Romanian, EU and EaP cultural diversity;
Speaks English (at least conversational level).
Sending organization information
Name of the sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
OID number: E10200624
City and country of your sending organization: Sumgait, Azerbaijan
Person in charge (name and surname): Ramiz Aliyev
E-mail of the person in charge: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number of the person in charge: +994503217290