Location: Budapest, Hungary
Project name: CO-HOUSING BUDAPEST
Hosting organization: Co-Housing Budapest Association
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project:
2 volunteers to join a 12-months volunteering project to support the Co-Housing Budapest Association’s daily activities in their office and with local co-housing communities!
1. Co-housing supporter volunteer!
The volunteers will join and support our daily activities as an organization, and in case they have personal initiatives, we will support their ideas.
More concretely, this volunteer will support the association in everyday tasks such as:
– Event organization, supporter for the co-housing community: they will help the communication between the association and the co-living guests, support the flow of news and general information;
– Support activity realization: when there are events, the volunteer is called to give suggestions, use their creativity, support the communication with local/international guests, help with the preparation and physical organization and management of spaces, support the organizational activities, like picnics, organize tours, support meetings;
– Organizational support, general support;
– Research on good practices, photos, and related materials on co-housing to support the production of our books;
– Support the creation of posts on social media,
2. Co-housing content developer volunteer!
– Support activity realization and everyday activities, with visual documentation, like gardening, painting furniture, cooking
– Documentation- video, photo, editing
– Support communication, blog writing, article writing
– Social media support, poster creation
– Research support- doing interviews with locals, doing online research etc.
– English webpage, video translating, cutting
– Documentation supporter- writing articles, translating content, creating interviews, supporting social media communication (contributing to FB, webpage, Instagram, maybe creating LinkedIn)
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Project period – 01/01/2022 to 01/01/2023 (12 months)
Deadline: 10th November 2021
How to apply? – Please fill in the Application Form and include a max 1-minute long video introduction into the questionnaire! Feel free to express your motivation to join this project and the contributions you can bring to it.
All costs are covered by European Solidarity Corps
No participation fee!
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements:
The accommodation costs are covered. Volunteers will live in a shared flat equipped with all the necessary utilities for comfortable living in downtown Budapest. Co-housing volunteers will share a big room together. Each month volunteer’s receive a total of 250€ for pocket and food money. Each volunteer receives a monthly pass for public transport in Budapest.
In case of travelling outside of Budapest due to work, volunteers’ expenses will be covered by the organisation. Volunteers can choose to have a bike, a public transportation card or 30EUR/month (equal to the cost of the Budapest pass).
Application conditions and requirements for volunteering:
Age between 18-30, active and open-minded, interested in making new contacts, open towards personal development, eager to learn about other languages and cultures. English or Hungarian language speaking skills on a minimum intermediate level. Good communication skills and motivated to interact with the local community and support both field and office work