Location: Walkringen, Switzerland
Project name: Sensorium – Interactive Museum
Hosting organization: ICYE
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project and Volunteer’s Tasks: The Sensorium is located in Emmental and is a space designed for experiencing through the senses. The concept of this interactive museum is based on the ideas of Hugo Kükelhaus (1900-1984), a German philosopher and educator. At the approximately 80 stations present in the museum, the focus is on discovery and experience. Our space allows us to become aware of natural phenomena such as balance, rhythm and shapes and brings them closer to young and old. Volunteer’s Tasks:
- Presence in the museum to help visitors discover the interactive stations and to answer their questions.
- Participating in the preparation and daily maintenance of the stations and the exhibition
- Guiding tours in German and/or French
- Führungen in deutscher und/oder französischer Sprache
- Participation in the reflection and implementation of new activities and exhibitions in the museum
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Project period – 01/08/2021 to 01/08/2022 (1 year)
Deadline: 9th May 2021
All costs are covered by European Voluntary Service
No participation fee!
Language: Good German
Requirements for volunteering:
- Age 18-30
- For this project, it is very important to have a good German level as one of the tasks is guiding tours.
- Enjoy contact with people
- Strong interest in the cultural community
- Dynamic, committed, autonomous and with good interpersonal skills.