Long term volunteering project in Latvia!
Location: Riga, Latvia
Hosting organization: Riga Municipal Youth Center
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project: The Municipal Children’s and Youth Center of Riga is a short-term and long-term institution for social care and social rehabilitation, which provides housing, full care and social rehabilitation for orphans and children left without parental care from 2 to 18 years of age, in crisis as well as provide social and informative support for children at social risk groups. During the project volunteers will be involved in daily activities of the Center by organizing various workshops for the youngsters of the Center (13 – 18 years old), like:
– Individual activities with youngsters from the Centers
– Creative workshops- Foreign language courses/discussion clubs (English or other languages)
– Fitness, sport activities workshops- Discussion clubs (different cultures; inclusion; motivation; etc.)
– National culture evenings / national food cooking workshops
– Other workshops / educational programs based on non-formal education, that volunteers would like to organize for the youngsters of the Center
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Project period – will be decided soon (10 months)
Deadline: 31th May 2020
All costs are covered by European Solidarity Corps
No participation fee!
Application conditions and requirements for volunteering: Youngsters aged between 19 and 30 years, residents of EU or non-EU countries:
– interested and ready to work with youngsters with fewer opportunities (orphans and children left without parental care)
– have basic knowledge of the English language (at least conversational level). Knowledge of the Russian language will be considered as a plus.
– previous experience in youth work and especially in work with youngsters with fewer opportunities (orphans and children left without parental care) will be considered as a plus.