Erasmus+ KA1 Training Course
Place: Sievershausen, Germany
Date: 09 – 15 May 2020
Participants per country: 2
Partner organization and co-organizer form Azerbaijan: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Deadline for application: 13 February 2020 | 23:59 (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email till 14 Feb 2020 for Skype interview.)
Please read all the information clearly before filling the APPLICATION FORM (Application open only for participants from Azerbaijan.)
Costs: 100% of food, accommodation, and transport (up to a limit of 530€) will be covered with the support of Erasmus+. There is a participation fee of 40 € for the hosting organization.
The travel costs will be reimbursed in cash or by bank transfer during or after the activity. The reimbursement of travel costs will be only realized after presenting original documents (including receipts, tickets, boarding passes, etc.).
Aims and Objectives:
- Promote Peace in our societies and further develop the methodology used in our peace non-formal learning activities;
- Train youth workers on theatre pedagogy and peace education;
- Learn about developments and threats to peace in their countries and find ways to cooperate with each other to reach out to a wider community;
- Tackle issues such as increasing nationalism, hate speech, xenophobia, and racism especially among young people;
- Get to know the situation of peace work in Sievershausen and prepare a theatre performance for the community.
Description of Activities:
The training will enable participants to acquire knowledge, skills and competences to prepare them for applying methods related to theatre pedagogy in peace education activities. It will include three modules:
- Modul 1) The logic of peace. An interactive training workshop providing insight in peace as an education concept (run by Trainer and Expert in Peace Education and Conflict Resolution)
- Modul 2) What’s happening in our countries in the EU and in the world? Participants will give input on topics that are of high relevance for them, their organization, and/or their society. The group will discuss issues of high relevance for the group and choose topics to be further developed by means of a theatre or music performance.
- Modul 3) Theatre and Music performances as a way to promote peace (run by a theatre pedagogue and trainer on peace education)
- Module 4) Applying what we have learned. Performances will be prepared in groups and presented to the public and/or a community organization i.e. a housing project for refugees close to Sievershausen.
- Module 5) Prepare a model program for a youth exchange which will be carried out in each of the countries either in summer 2020 or in summer 2021.
Profile of participants:
- youth workers, youth leaders, and activists;
- interested in peace education and theater pedagogy;
- capable of communicating in English.