Long term ESC projects in Netherlands!
Location: Lunteren, Netherlands
Project name: Volunteering activities in Netherlands
Hosting organization: Rock-Solid Foundation
Sending organization: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Purpose of the project: During the ESC Voluntary year, volunteers will focus on learning the differences in the society regarding this work field. Next to that, they will try to motivate local youngsters as well as clients from the organizations to participate in national and international projects, such as youth exchanges and training courses. Also, they will learn how to improve the conditions in their own country, step by step, after going back home. They will be actively involved in the different activities of Rock Solid, on local and regional level.
• At Humanitas volunteers you work in the same house for the whole year, if this is easier for the clients. The different houses are located in Ede, Nieuwegein, Odijk and Amersfoort. An extended description of the working places is further in the info-pack.
• At Siza volunteers are placed in one of the living groups and work with that group for one year. Some of the groups include people with heavy disabilities, so it is important that the volunteers are aware of that. An extended description of the working places is further in the info-pack.
• In De Glind volunteers will be hosted in the same village, where they will stay for the full year in the same working place. The will work in the family homes and day care centers and will do all kind of practical jobs that belong to the practical work in a family home, but also will do as much as possible activities with the kids that live in the family home. An extended description of the working places is further in the info-pack.
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer between 18-30 years old (Only Azerbaijani citizenship)
Project period – 01/09/2020 to 01/09/2021 (1 year)
Deadline: 20th January 2019
All costs are covered by ESC
No participation fee!
Accommodation, food and transport arrangements:
Lunteren, a village right in the middle of the Netherlands, will be a little bit the ”center” of the projects (where most of the volunteers will be hosted, language courses and team building activities will be organized etc.), so traveling time to work by bike, bus or train can take between 25 minutes till 1 hour and 20 minutes (if there are no delays). However, the working hours are adjusted to the traveling hours, so less travel means more working and more travel means fewer working hours, so it will be “fair” for all. In total the volunteers are active between 36 and 40 hours a week, including the Dutch classes, travel and other mandatory activities (excluding team-builders).
Application conditions and requirements for volunteering:
Volunteers can apply for all projects or only for one of them, but they cannot choose a specific working place. We will divide these together with the hosting organizations in the way we feel how is best according to your profile and the needs of the working place, we do this after the interviews and after an assessment of the skills of the candidate and the needs of the organization. Of course, you can give a preference, but if you are open to work in any of the three organizations, your chance of being selected is bigger for sure.
• We aim for volunteers who are interested social work with children and/or people with disadvantages in general.
• One of the conditions to apply is a good knowledge of English and good social skills because the volunteers have to work with children and with people with mental challenges.
• Another condition is a proof of good conduct, because this is obliged in Dutch youth and social care.
For detailed information about the project please click INFOPACK