Erasmus+ Training Course
1st stage: Bakuriani, Georgia
2nd stage: Mosta, Malta
IMPORTANT! The selected candidates will be required to participate in both stages! Therefore, before applying, please, take into account your availability again.
1st stage: 20-27 October 2019
2nd stage: Spring 2020 (exact dates will be informed)
Partner organization form Azerbaijan: “Common Sense” Youth Organization
Participants per country: 4 participants aged above 20
How to apply? – Fill the APPLICATION FORM. Please read all information clearly before filling the application
Deadline: 10 September 2019 | 23:59 (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email till 13 September 2019 for Skype interview.)
NOTE: 100% of accommodation, food and transportation will be covered with the support of Erasmus+. Travel cost limit for Azerbaijan is 180 EUR per person.
The international project – “Coaching for Youth work” is a two-level ERASMUS+ project that follows the logical frame – starting with giving tools for working on personal development, continued by giving instruments of emphatic communication, aiming at improving peacebuilding attitudes and skills through the self-development process. The project is inspired by the Training Courses “Art of Midlines” and „Art of Peace“, which had a great success among the participants. Based on this motivation, the Applicant (APP) and Receiving (RO) organizations decided to upgrade the project, add coaching part to it, involve new partners and provide opportunities for a wider group of participants. Therefore, the representatives of other countries would have a chance to experience the same methodology and have a similar experience with a higher aim – to prepare the participants to be able to coach the local youngsters they work with, using the knowledge and tools from the training.
The first stage TC:
Personal development is a lifelong process. It’s a way for people to assess their skills and qualities, consider their aims in life and set goals in order to realize and maximize their potential. Early life development and early formative experiences within the family, at school, etc. can help to shape us as adults, personal development should not stop later in life. This project is designed to help youth workers to think about their personal development and ways in which they can work towards goals and their full potential.
The second stage TC:
During the training, we will provide participants frames and tools of coaching, emphatic communication and conflict transformation, that they can use first of all in their personal life, and then improve their social work and engagement. Emphatic communication focuses on three aspects of communication: self-empathy (defined as a deep and compassionate awareness of one’s own inner experience), empathy (defined as listening to another with deep compassion), and honest self-expression (defined as expressing oneself authentically in a way that is likely to inspire compassion in others). During the project will be analyzed dynamics of conflicts, but they will not be approached directly either politically. This 2-level project helps the youth workers, participating in the project, to identify the skills needed to set life goals which can raise the confidence, enhance their employability prospects, develop their communication and coaching skills, how they relate with themselves and others and will lead to a more fulfilling, higher quality life. Plan to make relevant, positive and effective life choices and decisions for their future to enable personal empowerment.
- To stimulate the self-development process of the participants;
- To increase employability and participation of youth workers, develop their professional skills and increase their efficiency;
- To give the tools of coaching and supporting the youngsters in own communities;
- To give the tools of empathic communication and conflict transformation for their daily life and work;
- To build partnership and future cooperation on the basis of this project under Erasmus+ and improve the quality of local and international youth work;
- To promote the respect of diversity, intercultural and inter-religious dialogue, common values of freedom and human rights, practice tolerance, break stereotypes and prejudices and fight against discrimination
The participants should have the following profile:
- Youth workers
- Age: Above 20
- Balanced gender
- Readiness and availability to involve in both stages of the project actively and dedicate time and effort to it.
- Those, who have troubles in decision making, communication or conflict resolution
- Those, who are working with the youngsters and are motivated to support their personal
- Those, who are interested in coaching
- Those, who are motivated to involve and develop new Erasmus + projects after the TCs.