Erasmus+ KA1 Youth Exchange
Location: Spain: BELMEZ (Cordoba), HERENCIA (Ciudad Real), PUERTO DE SAGUNTO (Valencia)
Project dates: 17 – 29 September 2019
Participants per country: 1 Group leader + 4 participants aged 18-29
Partner organization form Azerbaijan: “Common Sense” Youth Organization www.csyo-az.org
How to apply? – Fill the APPLICATION FORM. Please read all information clearly before filling the application
Deadline: 31 July 2019 | 23:59 (Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by email until 3 August 2019 for Skype interview.)
NOTE: 100% of the accommodation, food, visa and transportation will be covered with the support of Erasmus+. Travel cost limit for Azerbaijan is 820 EUR per person.
Some may think that a healthy lifestyle is easy to achieve, but in today’s world full of junk food and people who simply have no time to cook or do sports, being healthy is quite a complex issue.
Health as a premise for a long life without illnesses and negative impact on healthcare costs should be one of the main goals for everyone. Our priority is to empower youth, in particular, to take responsibility for their health through training, workshops and other activities. For this reason we decided to carry out this project which will give the participants the opportunity to get more information about the different aspects of a healthy lifestyle (healthy food, mental health, sports…) and about the differences in lifestyle between different regions and countries. The most important thing is that participants will practice living a healthy life. Through the study and comparison of lifestyles, traditions and values, the participants will also uncover the commonalities which traverse all cultures. The participants will compare and contrast these cultures, and through multicultural team building and teamwork, they will reach a spirit of intercultural cooperation, compromise, awareness and an appreciation of the diversities.
The main objectives of the project are determined according to what we have focused on: healthy lifestyle, nutrition and sport.
- To raise awareness on sport and a healthy lifestyle
- To promote sport activities and a healthy lifestyle to young people
- To give participants the possibility to learn and share their experiences
- To identify the importance of being physically active
- To let youth workers explore new methodologies on how to promote a healthy lifestyle at their local level
- Share cultures and identify how culture and other environmental differences influence one’s opportunities to live a healthy life
- See differences as positive
- To promote cultural diversity
- To emphasize the role of personal goals in order to achieve a healthy lifestyle and to take full responsibility for it
Who are we looking for?
The general profile of the participants in the following:
- Participants between 18-30 years old (no age limit for team leaders);
- Youth coming from rural areas;
- Staff, volunteers/ members of NGOs;
- Youth with difficulties to adapt to the society (i.e. young people with immigrant backgrounds, from broken families, etc.);
- NEET category (Not in Education, Employment or Training) who are looking for opportunities to improve their skills and work in the youth field.