Location: De Glind; Humanitas; Siza – Netherlands
Project coordinating Organization – Rock Solid Foundation | www.rocksolidfoundation.net |
Purpose of the project: Encouraging intellectual and light psychiatric disabled people to organize their lives better. Motivating local youngsters as well as clients of organizations to participate in national and international projects, such as youth exchanges and training courses.
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer at the age of 18-30 for each project. Rock Solid Foundation coordinate 3 different projects
Duration of project: 01.09.2019 – 25.08.2020
Deadline: 21 February 2019
How to apply? – Please fill the APPLICATION
For us me it is really important to see from the motivation letter that you read and understand the information, we don’t like random letter where it is obvious that they just changed the name of the project. Communication in English is an important thing because otherwise working with the clients is much harder of course
Sending Organization: Common Sense Youth Organization | www.csyo-az.org| firstname.lastname@example.org
All costs cover by European Solidarity Corps
No participation fee!
- At Humanitas, volunteers work in the same house for the whole year, if this is easier for the clients. The different houses are located in Ede, Nieuwegein, Odijk
andAmersfoort. An extended description of the working places is further in the info-pack.
- At Siza, volunteers are placed in one of the living groups and work with that group for one year. Some of the groups include people with heavy disabilities, so it is important that the volunteers are aware of that. An extended description of the working places is further in the info-pack.
- In De Glind, volunteers will be hosted in the same village, where they will stay for the full year in the same working place. The will work in the family homes and day care centers and will do all kind of practical jobs that belong to the practical work in a family home, but also will do as much as possible activities with the kids that live in the family home. An extended description of the working places is further in the info-pack
Voluntary operation time and project activities: here are 7 hours volunteer work per day. Work is done within the weekly schedule. In total, the volunteers are active between 36 and 40 hours a week, including the Dutch classes, travel and other mandatory activities (excluding team- builders).
Tasks in HUMANITAS will include:
- spend time and communicate with the clients during coffee breaks, board games hours, walks;
- assist the clients in daily routine activities, such as organizing the rooms, washing the dishes, doing the groceries etc.;
- help clients with cooking and/or eat together with them;
- organize activities with the clients, such
as:handcrafting or Christmas decorations workshops, beauty hours, movie evenings, baking etc.
Tasks in SIZA will include:
- playing music for the clients, watching movies and TV programs together with the clients;
- help with cleaning and feeding the clients;
- house-holding activities: cooking, bringing paper and glass outside, with the help of the clients;
- having walks with the clients;
- going to the theatre, to the disco, swimming pool with the clients;
- having sports or gymnastics at the sport hall with the clients.
Tasks in De Glind will include:
- helping the family parents with the complete daily care for the children and teenagers. (also cleaning and doing the dishes and the laundry is a part of the job for the family home parents as well as for the volunteers)
- organizing extra activities for the children and teenagers, for example going to the playground, listening to music, doing something creative, baking cookies etc.
- when necessary, accompany the children going to school or sport/recreation activities
- small household chores: tidying the house, doing the washing, preparing the table for breakfast/lunch/dinner and helping out with cooking.
NOTE: The volunteer will work in a family home as an assistant educator for the family parents or as an assistant recreation employee. The education assistant for the family parents will work within the Family, Youth and Children’s Services Division of Intermezzo. In a family home, a family with their own children lives and work together with 4 or 6 children who are placed from their home because their own parents