Location: Innsbruck, Austria
Hosting Organization: Senioren Residenzen
Coordinating organization: Verein Generationen und Gesellschaft
Sending Organization: Common Sense Youth Organization | www.csyo-az.org
Number of volunteers: 1 volunteer at the age of 18-30
Duration of project: 01.10.2018 – 31.08.2019, (11 months)
Deadline: 1st of April 2018
How to apply? Please send APPLICATION and CV to these emails.
All costs cover by Erasmus+.
No participation fee!
Voluntary operation time and project activities: The volunteer will be engaged in a variety of tasks and activities, 35 hours per week, on five days per week. It is important for the host organization to make the monthly schedule for volunteering together with the volunteer. The volunteers will be supported by a multi-professional team in the residence.
The tasks and activities can encompass the following:
- Participation and co-organization of daily routines of the elderly people (preparing meals, serving meals, drinking coffee and tea and playing with residents…)
- Participation in different recreational activities with the elderly people (games, walks, shopping, free time activities, excursions)
- Participation in the indoor activities (seasonal activities like celebrations or handicrafts, discussion groups, creative workshops)
- Accompanying residents to different appointments (doctor, hospital…) or to a shop
- Getting to know communication methods with elderly people or people in need of care
- Building individual relationships to the residents (socializing, talking and listening, spending time together, supporting them in simple tasks…)
- Sharing life experience with the elderly, learning more about biographies and life events
- Getting used to some geriatric disease patterns and learning about how to handle them professionally (Alzheimer’s, muscular reduction…)
- Learning to work within an interdisciplinary team, getting to know different fields of work in a seniors’ residence (kitchen, technical maintaining of the building, care, medical staff, psychological support…)
- Taking part in regular team meetings
Application conditions and requirements for volunteering:
We would be happy to host a volunteer who:
- wants to experience working with elderly people and participating actively
- is interested in learning more about another generation and their biographies
- is open-minded, friendly, enthusiastic, creative and communicative
- is willing to work in an interdisciplinary team and reflect her/his work
- is determined to reach at least A2 German before the project start
- is motivated to learn German (and some Tyrolean dialect)
- brings her/his own culture and interests into the project
- is ready to volunteer for 11 months starting in October
Location, housing, money:
SRV is situated in the centre of Innsbruck, the capital of Tyrol, with 130.000 inhabitants. The volunteers will live in our organization. Each volunteer will have a fully equipped room on her/his own, in the building. The volunteers have to accept the house rules of the hosting organization.
The infrastructure in Innsbruck is very good; trains and buses are close-by. In the town, everything is in walking distance. The volunteers will have a bicycle to share.
This project is funded by the EU- programme “Erasmus+: Youth in Action”. The EVS is financed by the EU and the hosting organization. The ONLY financial contribution that the selected volunteer will need to make is to pay a small share of the travel costs if necessary (there is a lump sum budget). This project is already approved by the Austrian national agency with the budgetary rules of 2017. The volunteer will receive a monthly pocket money of Euro 120, and also some sufficient extra food money for holidays or days off every month. She/he will also have full board in our organization. So the volunteer can eat all meals at the residence if desired (meaning three meals a day). The volunteer will receive a German course, offered by a public education institution.